Court Ordered Anger Management Classes
Court Ordered Anger Management Classes
Student Participation and Certificate Requirements
The website at www.AngerManagementOnline.com is a distance learning environment that teaches:
- Admitting and accepting responsibility for behavior.
- Determining the root of anger causing emotions.
- Quickly recognize anger and other emotions leading to anger expression. .
- Recognize old patterns of undesirable behavior.
- Identification of provocative emotions other than anger.
- Identify and change unhealthy coping styles.
- Ineffective patterns of communication (passive, passive-aggressive, aggressive).
- Assertive Communication..
- Resolving conflict in a productive manner.
- Relaxation techniques and time outs.
- Positive self talk.
- Commitment to healthy behavioral change.
- Living in positive solutions.
- Self awareness.
- Thought stopping techniques.
- Paying attention to the negative inner critic.
- Patterns of negative self talk.
- Patterns of negative thinking (filtering, black and white, over generalizing, mind reading)
- Physical activity to release energy.
- Road Rage.
- Living in solution.
The website offers hundreds of pages of content in the form of ebooks, articles, discussion boards and chatrooms.
Distance learning is a relatively new form of learning and referral sources such as courts, probation departments and human resources want to know if this type of learning is as effective as “real world” classroom learning.
There is growing evidence in research literature that online learning is as effective or even more effective than traditional learning environments. Even though distance learning is still in its infancy, the preliminary information is showing that online learning is providing a cost-effective, rich and diverse means of learning for students.
Shouldn’t there be interaction or a human component for learning anger management?
There IS a human component to this program. Our students interact with the facilitator through emails, through online chats and intensive work on the discussion board. The discussion board is continuously monitored by the facilitator.
Who created the program AngerManagementOnline.com?
Dr. Kathy Garber, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist has more than 20 years in the healthcare and mental health industry. She is an honorary member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honorary Nursing Society, a Diplomat of the American Association of Anger Management Providers, a Diplomat of the National Anger Management Association, a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, and Association for Conflict Resolution.
Kathy has more than 20 years experience in the healthcare and mental health industry. She is an honorary member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honorary Nursing Society, a member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and Association for Conflict Resolution.
Kathy works as a Certified Anger Management Facilitator, Certified Mediator, Certified Parenting Instructor and Anger Management Evaluator. She works with Probation Departments, Human Resource Departments and psychotherapists across the United States. She works with divorcing couples in arranging successful co-parenting agreements. Kathy is the director of AngerManagementOnline.com.
What Responsibilities Do Students Have In The Program?
1. All students are required to keep a log of their participation in the program.
2. All students are required to read the program workbook Stop Anger, Be Happy (203pp).
3. All students are required to keep an emotions journal during their program.
4. All students must meet a time frame depending on the amount of hours they need for completion (10 Hours, 20 Hours, 30 Hours etc.)
5. All students must complete extensive work on the discussion board as outlined for the number of hours required.
6. Students are monitored in their participation by the facilitator.
7. Students cannot complete the program in one day. Students are bound by time frames depending on which program they are enrolled (10 hour, 20 hour, 30 hour etc.).
8. Students earn time by reading, contributing to discussion boards, talking with facilitators, quizzes and exams.
9. To receive a certificate of completion all students must complete the above mentioned and complete a comprehensive examination with at least 80%.
10. Students are required to complete a completion questionnaire when all assignments are complete. The facilitator will then do a complete review of their participation to determine a student’s eligibility.
11. Certificates are given out at the discretion of the facilitator.
12. Certificates are sent to students in PDF format to prevent students from faking certificates. Also, a copyrighted AngerManagementOnline.com logo is in the lower left corner of all correspondence.
13. Cheating through an anger management program can happen in any anger management program including face-to-face programs. Successfully cheating in AngerManagementOnline.com is very difficult. No system is perfect, but AngerManagementOnline.com makes a strong effort to make certain the people who say they are taking the program are actually taking the program.
14. Students are supplied with an affidavit form to be signed under penalty of perjury in the presence of a notary. They also receive a verification form where they attest that they are actually the one taking anger management.
Why Should I Refer People To AngerManagementOnline.com And Accept The Program As Satisfactory?
Online education offers a variety of advantages over traditional forms of face-to-face programs:
1. Online programs are usually less expensive than traditional programs. This makes clients less resistant to take a program.
2. Programs are self paced (with restrictions) and can be tailored to the individual needs of the client.
3. Our material is written for all levels of education. The software is easy to use so that the client can dedicate time to actually learning instead of computer problems.
4. Facilitator to client interaction is increased in online learning. Often facilitators and clients speak on a daily basis.
5. Material is constantly updated.
6. Students learn through peer interaction.
7. Referring people to an online program takes away the following: “I can’t afford it” “I can’t take time off from my job” “I don’t have a babysitter” “It takes to much time to travel.”
8. Students are much more one on one accountable for their participation.
How was the curriculum developed?
After doing individual therapy and anger management groups for years I began to understand what clients needed in an anger management program. The techniques used in this program were implemented first in a face-to-face program. I brought this program online as a means of offering affordable anger management and making clients more accountable for personal change. Making someone personally accountable to receive a certificate of completion is much different than sitting quietly in a room of people pretending to be interested. We help people get excited about changes their lives and living in positive solutions. We build self esteem and coach people to get excited about their lives. This is definitely not a passive program. This is a program of accountability.
Please feel free to visit www.AngerManagementOnline.com for further details. Or, email us email@example.com
I hope you will seriously consider our program as a valuable instrument in teaching anger management. We are dedicated to upholding the standards of the anger management profession.